Café is open 7am-3pm - closed on Tuesdays
Call-in & take out
Please call in ahead with your order.
For our safety and yours:
Maintain 6 foot physical distancing between you and others
Wear a mask while in the building or you can in your order
Please stay safe & healthy! – Anna D
In addition to our already strict cleanliness standards, we are implementing the following procedures to ensure that we all remain safe.
.1.Counter is wiped down after every customer.
2. Our menus are wiped down after every use or you can use a take-away paper menu.
3. We have one staff take orders and another making your drinks and delivering the food. If there is only one staff, they will wash/sanitize their hands before making your drink.
4. Common areas like entry door, self-service counter, will be cleaned as often as possible.
5. Please respect the 6 foot physical distancing space. We have sanitizing gel for you to use at the counter.
6. Our kitchen staff is also trained to follow protocols to keep us all safe.
Café is open 7-3
closed on Tuesdays
Call-in & take out
Save 5% when you use cash
Please do not e-mail same day orders
Prices & menu subject to change.
Take care and be safe.
Opened in 2006, the Cafe became a reality for Anna when she moved to Portsmouth from NYC so her son could attend the Portsmouth Abbey School. Anna D's Cafe has always been about cheerful service, original flavors, and a comfortable atmosphere, like eating in your own big country kitchen. Favorites such as the Ragin' Cajun (cajun chicken, roasted red peppers, red pepper jelly, mayo & goat cheese grilled into a panini) or Curried Away (curried chicken salad with sliced apricots, almonds & romaine on multigrain bread) keep locals coming back while the Anna D's Lobster Roll (large chunks of cold water lobster with a light mayo and celery dressing on a grilled baguette) brings tourists from New York, Boston and farther! Our convenient location on East Main Road and excellent sandwiches earned us a mention in the Boston Globe for a place not to miss on your way to the Newport beaches.
A few years later, "& Ice Cream" was added to the end of the name when Anna purchased the historic Shiver Me Timbers ice cream parlor next to the Cafe. The new title, Anna D's Cafe & Ice Cream, has certainly found itself at home!